If you need to take a screenshot of your screen, you may simply use the PrtScr key on your keyboard. But if you also need to do some basic editing to the captured image, then FastStone Capture is a good option.
FastStone Capture is a minimalist application for taking screenshots that hides a plethora of tools and options under its small interface. The program includes several ways to capture images (full screen, active window, rectangular region, free –hand selected area, even scrolling window!) and works with all popular formats.
But the most powerful side of FastStone Capture shows up when you take a screenshot. The program displays the captured image and lets you work on it in several ways: add a caption, resize the image, apply a few special effects, draw free shapes on it, highlight a given area, etc.
FastStone Capture includes other interesting options like automatic saving and naming for files, support for keyboard shortcuts and the possibility to upload images directly to an FTP server.
FastStone Capture is a full featured image capturing tool that lets you not only take snapshots of your screen, but also edit them.
- Added "Acquire Images from Scanner". It supports batch scanning to PDF, TIFF, JPEG and PNG. It allows users to rotate, crop, deskew, annotate and save scanned images directly within this tool
- Added "Capture Fixed-Size Region"
- Added "Repeat Last Capture"
- Now it is possible to use drag-and-drop to open an image in the internal editor
- Added "Fit to Width" (press K) option to the internal editor
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes